Most people spend their free time on social media.
They check their phones constantly. They check it before bed, again when they wake up, after breakfast, before lunch, during lunch, at coffee break, in the bathroom, in the waiting room, etc. The list goes on and on. Social Media has now become one of the most valuable places for advertisers as well as the number one resource for news and entertainment.
As technology grows, it’s important for any kind of law firm marketing to be where your clients are and engaging them on their level. Social media marketing does just that. Most people spend their time looking at their friends' photo’s, watching videos, and skimming through large amounts of information. If you want to be successful, your law firm HAS TO BE right in the center of their regular social media, with a simple, creative, and attractive message.
More than just becoming visible, it is just as vital that your law firm begins the process of engaging with your clients.
What Is Social Media Engagement?
By definition, Social Media engagement is simply having any interaction with someone else on a platform. Think of it like bumping into someone and then having a short conversation. Engagement is any kind of communication on social media. For example, when you post on Facebook and your friends respond with a comment, a “like,” or even sharing your post with others, this is post engagement.
However, the key is to keep the conversation going. There is really where engagement is most important. After all, in a world of sales, its the second and third conversations that could lead to a potential business opportunity. Lawyers must continue past the initial onset of communication by responding to others and even engaging others with the first words in the conversation. You must continue a conversation with your clients to earn their trust. Engagement is not just one action or one communication, but a chain of ongoing actions and communications back and forth.
Why is Social Media Engagement Important?
Statistically speaking, when people feel heard and when their needs are met, their conversion rate increases drastically. Sales spike, phones start ringing, emails start coming through. People want to connect with other people that engage with them.
In a world where everyone is advertising loudly, engagement is the next way to differentiate your brand and show that you care for your clients.
Speak to them on their level and their customer loyalty will double.
Ways to Engage Your Clients
Here are a few ways to engage your clients on Social Media:
- Like and comment on your audiences’ posts. Engage them in their world, don’t wait for them to come to you. It also helps them to know that there is a real person behind the corporate facade.
- Diversify content. People don’t want to see the same things all the time. Give them content that they will care about.
- Create posts that lead people to somewhere or to do something.
- Don’t Abuse, Don’t Spam, Don't Neglect trending channels. Be relevant. Don't post old news and don't post more than once a day.
- Use Hashtags and insert links into posts, especially if you're posting an image.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your audience questions. Ask them for their opinion.
- It's okay to repost popular posts. Share what’s trending and add your own comments or spin on it.
- When someone “likes” or “follows” your page, send them a direct message saying “Hi, thank you for following our page...is there any way I can be of service? (fill in the blank with what your company services).
- Post Quality Information Often. 5-7 times a week is optimal. 3-4 is effective. 1-3 is minimal and will not get you as many results.
- Use social media’s insight data
- Post photos and video that captures people’s attention.
- Keep your posts simple with minimal amounts of information.
- Respond to your clients when they respond to you. When the comment, say “Thank You” or comment back. Like their posts. Stay engaged with them.
Give your clients the attention that they are looking for and they will give it right back.
Engagement Used As A Success Indicator
If your firm posts useless information, your level of customer engagement will be minimal. This means that you will have little to no followers, likes, or shares. In simple business terms, if people like what you do they will tell you with their money and with their time. That's branding. Thus, profit, sales, emails, and phone calls are great ways to know if you are reaching your market. Your clients make it obvious when you’re doing something right by responding to you. When looking at social media, if people are not responding to your posts with comments, likes, or shares, your social media is probably not hitting the optimal target audience or is not grabbing attention.
Ways of Improving Social Media Engagement
- Post Quality Information Often. 5-7 times a week is optimal. 3-4 is effective. 1-3 is minimal and will not get you as much results.
- Post information that is relevant and attention grabbing
- Use social media’s insight data
- Post photos and video
- Keep your posts simple with minimal amounts of information
- Respond to your clients when they respond to you
Hire A Lawyer Social Media Company
If you're not sure how to build a social media audience or how to engage your clients, we can help. Our team at Lawyer Marketing would love to hear about your pains with social media marketing. We are here to make your job a little easier. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation. Contact our team by calling 918-409-2101.